Are There Benefits of Molasses for Animals?
Both farmers and animal nutritionists agree, feeding livestock liquid molasses can lead to healthier herds! However, transitioning the diet of your cattle, sheep, horses, or other animals to include feed grade molasses can be a choice that uproots many questions like: “What type of molasses for livestock is best?” and “What are the real, practical benefits of molasses for animals?”
High-quality feed grade molasses is our signature product here at Zook Molasses – in fact, we’ve been selling it to farmers nationwide since 1934! Keep reading to have all your molasses questions answered – or reach out now to speak with one of our experts today.Contact Us Today!
What is Feed Grade Molasses?
Whether you’re a new hobby farmer or a seasoned pro, you may be wondering, “What is feed grade molasses?”
Feed grade molasses is a supplement that is commonly used to improve palatability and increase sugars in livestock, beef cattle, lactating dairy cows and dry dairy cows. This type of molasses for livestock is unique in its makeup, containing about 44-48% sugars (often beet-sugar). The benefits of molasses for animals are extensive, but we’ll get into that in just a second. If you want to learn more about how to incorporate molasses in animal feed, feel free to call our experts today!
Why You Should Add Molasses to Your Livestock Feed?
As a farmer, you’re always looking for a way to improve production and minimize overhead costs. Here are just a few of the reasons why you should add molasses to your livestock feed:
- More digestible fiber: For herds of all kinds, adding high-quality molasses in their forage has been proven to make the fiber in their standard feed more easily digestible.
- Less feed waste: One of the biggest benefits of molasses for animals that our farmers enjoy is that is produces less feed waste. By helping to maintain body condition and appetite, adding molasses to your livestock feed results in less feed wasted.
- High energy supplement: Molasses is considered an energetic feedstuff due to its high content of easily fermentable sugars – this is especially valuable in situations where grains are unavailable or too expensive.
- Growth performance improvement: Studies have shown that adding any type of molasses for livestock feed improves growth performance and protein metabolism without compromising the animal’s health. It’s a win-win-WIN!
- Loaded with vital minerals and nutrients: Another benefit of molasses for animals is the jam-packed nutrients and minerals within its contents. High in iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B6, selenium, and more makes this the perfect solution for a healthy, well-balanced feed alterative.
Still not convinced of why you should add molasses to your livestock feed? Get all the answers and information you need about our feed grade molasses for sale when you call or contact us today!
Start Enjoying the Benefits of Molasses for Animals!
For the modern farmer, finding an answer to why you should add molasses to your livestock feed is a simple task when partnered with the right company. At Zook Molasses, we’ve been turning molasses into farming solutions for over 85 years! We’re both honored and humbled to have the opportunity to now service the entire USA with organic bulk molasses for sale – specifically to advance livestock and plant health.
While there are many benefits of molasses for animals, its also a valuable source of nutrients for plants and the environment. Check out all the best uses of organic molasses for farming on our blog.
To learn more about the types of molasses for livestock, plants, and agriculture, contact us today!